Efficient, convenient and user friendly, the Raycell® Mk2 X-ray Blood Irradiator provides a safe and cost-effective choice for blood irradiation – backed by Best®Theratronics’ trusted expertise and commitment to quality. It delivers the required dose to help prevent TA-GVHD.
Raycell® Mk2 Features
- Larger canister size facilitates irradiating more blood bags – 2.0 L and 3.5 L (0.53 and 0.92 US Gallons).
- Two opposing x-ray tubes deliver a uniform dose to the product.
- Dose delivery is controlled by setting and monitoring the irradiation time, based on the central dose rate.
- Irradiation time is controlled by two independent microprocessors.
- Detailed dosimetry of the sample canister volume is obtained and provided at the time of installation.
- Installation can take 1-3 days depending on individual installation and training requirements.
Irradiated Products Database Management (IPDM)
System Features (Optional):
- Scans and stores bar-coded information about the irradiated product (unit number, product code, blood type, etc.), irradiation cycle number, operator details, date/time stamp, and irradiation indicator verification.
- Scans barcodes using ISBT 128 and ABC Codabar decoders, or as is without decoding.
- Includes three modes of operation: product entry, cycle database review, and administration.
- Performs additional verification of the irradiation time.
- Stores up to 10,000 cycles or 50,000 product entries of data in main database, and archives the rest.
- Exports data conveniently onto a USB memory stick (1 stick provided, 2 USB ports).
- Ensures efficient, error-free operation.
Superior Performance and Unparalleled Dose Uniformity
X-rays are produced by bombarding targets with electrons, which are accelerated in a vacuum through a high-voltage electrical field. The dose is delivered by two opposing X-ray tubes with the sample canister located centrally between them. The two cone-shaped beams ensure that a tight dose is delivered to the product and exceptional dose uniformity is attained.