Harshaw TLD Model 4500 Manual Reader
A scalable dosimetry solution for small- or medium-capacity applications in radiation protection, medical research and high-range dosimetry. The Thermo Scientific™ Harshaw TLD™ Model 4500 Manual Reader is a versatile start-up or add-on system that easily integrates into existing TLD systems with minimal training or investment. This dual thermoluminescent (TL) dosimetry reader and workstation connects via a serial interface to an external PC which provides control over the setup, time-temperature profiles (TTPs), analysis and data recording. Additional applications packages are available.
The Harshaw TLD Model 4500 Manual Reader provides versatile readout of TLD dosimeters.
- Manual and system operations: manual (load dosimeter, select group file, define setup, define acquisition parameters, enter dosimeter identity, start readout), system (apply TTP, associate light output with dosimeter identity, store result, index to second element-pair).
- Dual photomultiplier tubes and associated electronics enable it to read cards in two positions simultaneously.
- Card identification by keyboard entry or external bar code scanner.
- Reads 2-, 3-, or 4-element cards and extremity carrier cards using hot gas heating.
- Reads card elements in pairs; the pairs of a 4-element card are sequenced automatically.
- Interfaces withThermo Scientific™ WinREMS™ software and software options such as Dose Algorithms, Glow Curve Analyzer, Chain-of-Custody and Health Physics Records System.
- External PC can be used for other applications.
- All PC functions are external to the reader.
- Minimum initial reader investment required.